[LAU] JACK with many soundcards

Adrien DANIEL adrien.daniel at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 09:55:00 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:

> Just so's ya know: The Casio MIDI guitar (I owned a couple of MG 510s)
> could be set up to send over a separate channel per string. It was great
> fun.
>
> That was in the late 80s, IIRC. There is nothing new under the sun. :)

Nothing new except that in output you manipulate a "true" digitalized
signal instead of MIDI messages. I would like to know how the signal
of each string is extracted from the mixture signal...

The weird thing about this guitar is that you do not connect directly
the guitar to the computer, but to a breakout box which convert back
the digital signal to analog. Thus you need an additional audio
interface :
http://createdigitalmusic.com/2005/10/17/gibsons-digital-les-paul-guitar-innovation-or-reinvention/

So, the only interest is that you get separate channels for each
string... in analog...

And for those who desire a Firewire guitar :
http://createdigitalmusic.com/2005/10/07/the-firewire-electric-guitar/

Adrien