[LAU] Trying to get rid of xruns

Matthew Smith matt at smiffytech.com
Mon Aug 4 20:56:06 EDT 2008

Quoth garryo at 2008-08-05 08:32...

> I really hate to be a downer but you are not to the first person to post
> on LAU with this problem.
> There have been a lot of laptop /  intel HDA  / xrun  problem posts.
> the impression i get ( n.b. no first hand experience ) is that this is
> not a good platform for rt linux audio.
> if anyone would like to put me right ......

Many thanks for this.  If that's the case, let's take the Intel HDA out
of the equation, shall we?  I got the UCA202 specifically so I could
route my analogue instruments (Roland MKS-70, Alesis SR16,
electrified/cutaway classical guitar with a load of Boss pedals) into
the system so might as well use the headphone monitor on that and remove
the kernel module for the onboard card.

Think I'll post my process table next time I'm booted into the RT kernel
to see if anyone says "hey, THAT's not supposed to be there!"

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Business: http://www.smiffytech.com/
Personal: http://www.smiffysplace.com/