[LAU] Software equivalent of PG-800

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Tue Aug 5 07:45:13 EDT 2008

Matthew Smith wrote:
> Does anyone know of a software version of the Roland PG-800 that runs or
> can be compiled to run on Linux?  I may be using the wrong search terms,
> but Google isn't coming up with the goods.
>
> I'm pretty sure that I had something like this on my old Atari.

Hi Matthew,

I owned an MKS-70 and the PG-800 in the late 80s/early 90s. Wonderful
hardware, the MKS-70 was one of the best-sounding analog synths I've
ever heard.

There was a DOS program called PC-800 that you might be able to find in
one of the ancient DOS software repos. It worked, but not particularly
well, so it might work under DOSemu.

If you can find a similar utility for the Atari you might be able to run
it under Hatari or XSteem.

See the Emulators page at http://linux-sound.org for links.

Best,

dp