[LAU] zoom h2

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Sat Aug 9 00:07:33 EDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 03, 2008 at 06:13:27PM +0000, Justin Smith wrote:
> I have a zoom H2, it is 100% compatible with Linux.
>
> I can use it as a USB sound card, but only with two of its microphones
> at a time, and a maximum sampling rate of 48k (I think these are also
> limitations under any other OS, because of USB bus speed).
>
> I have found it more useful to record using the H2 alone, then grab
> the files off of it as if it were a flash drive.

Thanks!

I've been using the H2 to record live shows, but with the internal SD card. Sometimes shows go longer than 2GB worth of flash at 44.1/16, so I'll try just using it as a mic and doing the recording onto a laptop hard disk instead.

Latest use of the H2 to record a show, by the way (all synth and keyboard sounds are made with Linux):

http://www.archive.org/details/MeandMyCroniesLive2008-07-28

-ken