[LAU] [Announce] Denemo 0.7.9 Release and Looking for Help with ALSA/MIDI/JACK

Nils Gey ilfhi at gmx.de
Mon Aug 11 07:25:03 EDT 2008

Dear Linux-Audio-Users

Denemo is a music notation program for Linux and Windows that lets you rapidly enter notation for typesetting and lets you produce beautiful output via the LilyPond music engraver.

Now version 0.7.9 is released. Is has many great features and improvements which make Denemo unique as a notationeditor in Linux/Win/Mac. It can be downloaded as source, Debian-package, Fedora-Package or Windows-installer on http://www.denemo.org or on our Savannah page: https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/denemo/ Please feel free to tell us your opionion, comments, bugs or feature-wishes in a way you like it: http://www.denemo.org/?q=node/1 .

We also need help!
While Denemo itself is developing very fast and well there is still no JACK- and/or ALSA- midi support. This is needed that you can use Denemo as a Sequencer on Notation-base. Currently Denemo uses CSound for direct play or exports a Midi first and plays it afterwards. If you are willing to help us in this point (or in any other!) please contact our mailinglist or, if you like because its shorter, in this list or directly to my adress.

This release includes:

Allow LilyPond editing within Denemo.
Gallery of examples - Ossia, Multi-measure rests, cues, cautionary accidentals, reminder accidentals. Rehearsal Marks ...
Printing of excerpts as images (e.g. for inclusion in texts).
LilyPond import improved
Midi import improved.
Better handling of keyboard shortcuts.
Contexts (Piano context, choir context etc)

http://www.denemo.org
Community Links: http://www.denemo.org/?q=node/1