[LAU] Where is everybody?

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Wed Aug 13 15:06:35 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 12:50:06AM +0100, Folderol wrote:
> It's very quiet on LAM lately. I've actually managed to get two of my
> entries adjacent to each other.

I've been working mostly on live music with bands, not so much home recording. So I haven't posted much to LAM, and my own blog has gone very quiet except for live clips and the occasional experiment on my own.

I have some really great stuff to post as soon as I get around to sorting it all out and getting clearances from the various guest musicians involved.

I suppose I could post the H2-made live recordings on LAM, but it's not strictly 100% "Made with Linux". There are lots of real non-Linux instruments (sax, bass, drums, congas, guitar, voice, etc.) and the recording method has been an H2 and not Ardour or anything Linux-based. The only Linux content has been my keyboard playing.

It is very fun and instructional to get out of cyberspace and into the real world of playing music for an audience. It even pays a tiny, tiny, infintessimal amount of money too, which is a slight improvement over the frictionless zero-cost-but-zero-income method of distrbuting home-made music over the Internet. Then again the costs of transportation and the time involved in schlepping gear around (oh my aching back!) makes it largely a money-losing endeavour.

So that's why no weekly releases lately from me, anyway.

-ken