[LAU] Looking for Resource Help with using Midi in a Church and School

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Aug 14 15:31:11 EDT 2008

Dave Phillips wrote:
> mowestusa wrote:
>>  and we do have a Pentium 1Ghz with 512megs of ram, would that be enough to get us started if we buy an midi interface, and I have no idea which one?
>>
> More memory would be good, and you can probably use one of a MidiSport
> or similar USB interface. Be sure to check here before you spend your
> money ! This list includes people who can tell you whether your choice
> is good or not, you would be wise to hear them. :)

Rosegarden works very well on my laptop (1.5GHz Pentium M processor with
the same effective performance as your 1GHz Pentium, 768MB RAM). Drives
my Yamaha keyboard through an E-MU Xmidi1x1 port (USB MIDI port adapter).

No 100% CPU usage problems like some other poster on the list mentioned.
(I couldn't reply to that note because the poster's mail client put his
reply below something that my mail client considers the start of a sig -
so replying didn't include his reply in the note!) I seem to recall that
those problems are actually due to some problem with one of the
supporting graphics libraries of QT, but I don't know.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community