[LAU] Looking for Resource Help with using Midi in a Church and School

mowestusa mowestusa at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 15 14:54:11 EDT 2008

David, Dave, and all others,

Thanks for helping to get me started in the world of midi. David thanks for the product suggestion and the info about horse power for driving a keyboard.

I was wondering if we could get started with something as simple as a keyboard with midi ports and an inexpensive USB adapter, and it looks like we can.

Dave thanks for the references, I think I have read all of your articles but I'm going to reread them, and the other sources you pointed to as well. Actually, good to hear from you. I had the privilege of meeting you at the University of Toledo when you came up to give advice on setting up a Hip/Hop studio on campus with the TALUG Linux users group. Now I'm in a new church with a new Linux audio need, so thanks for responding.

David, what distro are you using to run Rosegarden. I have a Fedora 8 install on that 1Ghz machine right now, but it seems as if Fedora does not pull in Rosegarden with the needed dependencies because they don't install Jack server which it needs.

Thanks to everyone who has encouraged this pursuit. It is nice having help readily available.

| Steve                    |
| mowestusa at yahoo.com      |
| mowestusa.nixsyspaus.org |