[LAU] Where is everybody?

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Mon Aug 18 22:13:23 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 03:45:03PM -0400, frank pirrone wrote:

> Ken Restivo wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 12:50:06AM +0100, Folderol wrote:
> >> It's very quiet on LAM lately. I've actually managed to get two of my
> >> entries adjacent to each other.
> >>

> > I've been working mostly on live music with bands, not so much home recording. So I haven't posted much to LAM, and my own blog has gone very quiet except for live clips and the occasional experiment on my own.
> >
> > I have some really great stuff to post as soon as I get around to sorting it all out and getting clearances from the various guest musicians involved.
> >
> > I suppose I could post the H2-made live recordings on LAM, but it's not strictly 100% "Made with Linux". There are lots of real non-Linux instruments (sax, bass, drums, congas, guitar, voice, etc.) and the recording method has been an H2 and not Ardour or anything Linux-based. The only Linux content has been my keyboard playing.
> >
> > It is very fun and instructional to get out of cyberspace and into the real world of playing music for an audience. It even pays a tiny, tiny, infintessimal amount of money too, which is a slight improvement over the frictionless zero-cost-but-zero-income method of distrbuting home-made music over the Internet. Then again the costs of transportation and the time involved in schlepping gear around (oh my aching back!) makes it largely a money-losing endeavour.
> >
> > So that's why no weekly releases lately from me, anyway.
> >
> > -ken
> >
> Looking forward to whatever you post Ken.  Love your playing and that of
> folks I've heard you work with.

Wow, thanks!!

Last Saturday night's gig now available:

http://www.archive.org/details/Audiobraille20080809

I was able to run the PA in stereo this time, so the H2 was able to pick up some of the auto-pan on the Rhodes, and the stereo goodness of WhySynth and Nekostring and the Leslie simulator on AZR3, and on Atte's "drifting overtone" AMS patch.

The guest guitarist also brought a stereo amp with chorus and stereo tremolo.

-ken