[LAU] trial and error

Emanuel Rumpf xbran at web.de
Tue Aug 19 20:44:50 EDT 2008

2008/8/18 Hamish Low <sub_acoustic at yahoo.co.nz>:

> Anyway I just want to make some sound.  I've invested so much time and
> money so far.

Stepping through all this and finding the issues, could really take
some (likely a lot of) time.

My advice here would be to try another distribution.
Sometimes all problems go away this way.
Try pure:dyne, try studio64 (32 bit version), jacklab, etc..
Some of these have live-cds. Try with the live-cds before installing.
If this does not help, your individual hardware (laptop),
might be incapable somewhere, try on another loptop
then (maybe a friends one first, with a live-cd).
But shure, you can ask here, if further problems arise.
Your system is good enough.

> I really want to make music using these great open source apps and
> contribute by raising linux audio's profile in the process.
That's great. I'm shure, you will succeed.