[LAU] Create own samplebased instrument

Garett Michael Shulman shulmang at Colorado.EDU
Wed Aug 20 16:53:18 EDT 2008

For soundfonts I think swami is very good. I think Josh may have added
some level of Gig support as well. Libinstpatch, which is swami's patch
editing library is also great for editing patches programatically, with
the python binding for instance. I would also recommend swami simply
because Josh is such a cool, responsive, & helpful person.

Also, I have found with open source that if something is broken in a
project it is often fruitful to try a different, even older, version of
the project. So, you may consider trying a different version of libgig &
gigedit.