[LAU] pulse audio with two cards Re: [LAD] joining the fun...

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Tue Aug 26 22:19:18 EDT 2008

Gene Heskett wrote:
>  I have 2 audio systems
> in this box, and PA refuses to recognize the Audigy2 (emu10k1 driven) card I
> use for everything BUT skype.  If I want sound at all, I have to excise as
> much of it as kde will allow in order that my sound work at all.

I don't have a pulse audio setup yet. I'm sure others on this list may
be able to offer some more insight.

I'm assuming that you are using alsa drivers and that you can see the
second card in /proc/asound/card1

What is the interface for PA saying when you try to access the second card?

It's probably a asoundrc issue but it may be a bug with PA that you have
found.

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey