[LAU] A Linux Audio distro that can keep up?

Darren Landrum darren.landrum at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 29 16:58:23 EDT 2008

Is it really too much to ask for a distro which is supposedly dedicated
to audio and video production work to keep up with the latest versions
of those types of programs and libraries?

Ubuntu Studio 64 v8.04 (Hardy) is still stuck at Ardour 2.3. I can't
even get the Rubber Band library to compile because I can't get vamp-sdk
to compile either, so now I can't compile Rui's Qtractor with the
options I want. You'd think they'd all be in the Ubuntu Studio
repositories, but they're nowhere to be found.

Is there a distro for audio out there with a nice real-time kernel that
can keep up with the updates so I don't have to keep doing it all manually?

Thanks!

-- Darren Landrum