[LAU] Compiling vamp-sdk and Rubber Band on Ubuntu Studio 64

Darren Landrum darren.landrum at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 29 20:33:13 EDT 2008

Robin wrote:
> Not a specific answer: Pkgconfig files are usually installed when you
> install <packagename.>-dev packages.
> If it is available via your distro install the apt-file package. Run
> apt-file update, then apt-file search <filename>(get this from error
> message when compiling) to find the required package.

As amazingly handy of a tool that is, and thank you for pointing it out
to me, I'm afraid it doesn't help in this instance. When I run the
./configure on Rubber Band, I get this error:

--------------------------
checking for Vamp... configure: error: Package requirements (vamp-sdk)
were not met:

No package 'vamp-sdk' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables Vamp_CFLAGS
and Vamp_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

The thing is, I have the vamp-sdk compiled, and I tried to install it,
but it still didn't help at all. There's some kind of package management
trick I obviously don't know anything about.

-- Darren