[LAU] A Linux Audio distro that can keep up?

Mysth-R mysthr21 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 04:06:55 EDT 2008

Hi,

I would recommand to you Fedora and CCRMA package wich is always up-to-date
and the community is quite active. So every time you've got a wish or an
issue you can ask on the ccrma mailing list.

Gentoo and the Pro-audio overlay is up-to-date too, but perhaps a bit more
difficult to install and configure.

2008/8/30 Hermann Meyer <brummer- at web.de>

> Am Samstag, 30. August 2008 00:18:19 schrieb Darren Landrum:
>

> > I'm beginning to suspect that it's impossible to keep an audio distro up
> > to date, and that I'll have to do it manually. Arch64 has a great
> > system, but their precompiled binaries are very vanilla, and the user
> > "experience" felt very patched together. It was a chore to do very basic
> > things, like access my DVD-R (it could only do so in root).
> >
> > I love how polished Ubuntu is, but keeping some software packages up to
> > date is a chore. I don't think I'm getting around it, though. I just
> > wish I could figure out why I can't compile vamp-sdk, or why it is I
> > need that to compile Rubber Band to begin with.
> >
> > I think what I'm going to do is make a list of software to remove from
> > my system, and then simply keep up on that software manually, and hope I
> > can keep it all working.
> >
> > -- Darren
>
> I am realy happy with sidux. It's allway's up to date (rolling release) and
> never have a prob with compile the app I wont. Also the rt-kernel is
> allways
> up to date.
>
> regards   hermann

*