[LAU] Compiling vamp-sdk and Rubber Band on Ubuntu Studio 64

v4hn me at v4hn.de
Sat Aug 30 08:59:37 EDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 08:14:55AM -0400, Darren Landrum wrote:
> v4hn wrote:
>> You mentioned, that you have to install vamp-sdk manually, so is there a
>> 'vamp-sdk.pc'(or some other .pc-file) you missed? I'd guess the configure of
>> Rubber Band is asking pkg-config for information on vamp-sdk,
>> where pkg-config searches for some .pc-file in /usr/lib/pkgconfig which
>> contains information on vamp-sdk and returns a 'not found' if there is none.
>
> I read through man pkg-config and found the relevant information, edited
> and dropped the vamp.pc and vamp-sdk.pc files into place, and now, even
> though Rubber Band's configure script now worked, it still couldn't
> compile as it couldn't find the vamp libs. I really wish I knew why, and
> why it is I'm having so much more trouble with this single lib then I've
> ever had before with any other.
>
> I'm ready to give up with a story about why mainstream music on the
> Linux desktop will never happen.

Well, i suppose it's a pebkac issue, since i got no problem compiling and
installing both librarys. However I hate the way the vamp-sdk developers
sneak around using autoconf.
Did you adjust INSTALL_PREFIX in line 60 of Makefile to "/usr"?
Afterwards just a `make && make install` and vamp-sdk is installed.
Did i already mention I hate to adjust Makefiles manually?

v4hn