[LAU] Pre-configured Linux Audio laptop for US$499 gets some ink

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 10:58:35 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 8:41 PM, Ken Restivo <ken at restivo.org> wrote:
> Apparently there's this new thing called an IndiaMixx which is pretty much my Asus EEE pre-configured with a Linux Audio distro, Ardour, and EnergyXT (whatever that is).
>
> http://createdigitalmusic.com/2008/11/26/indamixx-laptop-is-first-pre-configured-music-netbook-running-linux-499/

Very under powered ->> 1.6Ghz Intel Atom CPU
If it's like the other netbooks, the keyboard is a bit smaller too
with a 9" or 10" screen.

Definitely cute and useful in certain situations. IMHO, this computer
is good for taking (text) notes in class. You could also get the same
machine for $375 (someplaces $345) and install your own distro and
audio apps. I helped a friend install Ubuntu on an AspireOne - which
is how I learned about it's performance (and lots of scrolling around
to read.)

--
Brad Fuller