[LAU] Ubuntu Hard real time kernel (2.6.24-21) poor performance.

Wed Dec 3 23:31:01 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-03 at 16:44 -0800, Florin Andrei wrote:
> Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> >
> > So far the most "stable" realtime kernel for me has been is
> > 2.6.24.7-rt21 (if we are talking about recent kernels, of course).
>
> Well, it's "good to know" that RT and its typical usage domains such as
> music and audio processing are still a pretty low priority for the
> kernel developers, even after all these years. :-(

I don't know if there's development I don't know about. I suspect that a
lot of the development was with the goal of realtime transaction
oriented applications, not audio... we got our wishes as a side
effect :-) If that is so (and I may be completely wrong) we may get our
wishes again when the companies marketing these products have to upgrade
their kernels (it is a slower cycle)...

-- Fernando