[LAU] Asus EEE 1000 as new softsynth?

Johannes Mario Ringheim jri at broadpark.no
Fri Dec 12 05:44:18 EST 2008

Jay Vaughan skreiv:
> On Fri, 2008-12-12 at 08:57 +0100, Johannes Mario Ringheim wrote:
>> That sounds very nasty. Please allow me to ask a stupid question: Will
>> this apply to external soundcards aswell?
>>

> Nope.  Use a USB Audio interface and you can minimize the damage.

Hmmm... Fact is, I've tried, and cannot get anything but abysmal
performance from jack. This is with ubuntu-eee 8.04, and a Behringer
UCA202 USB interface.

Which kind of distro, and/or configuration do you use..?

Things I've tried:
  - linux-rt kernel
  - edit limits.conf (of course)
  - disabling systemlog, bluetooth and wireless
  - disabling pulseaudio
  - disabling compiz
  - all kinds of settings with jack

Thanks for any input.

--
Ringheims Auto - Fri musikk for bilstereo!
http://ringheimsauto.org