[LAU] Korg M50 anyone hooked this up to linux?

gsking1 at gmail.com gsking1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 22:31:12 EST 2008

Hello,
I'm considering buying the Korg M50 (and to a lesser extent the Yamaha MO8).
Anyone hook these up to linux via the built in USB. Good / Bad or any other
issues?

It also has normal midi in/out which I could use if needed.

I really don't do much computer midi, but want to keep my options open. I
assume
I might have problems if I try to run the Editor/Librarian (windows/mac)
software under wine, and am not really concerned with that. I am looking for
basic midi music recording and playback from linux (rosegarden, qtractor,
etc.).

Thanks in advance,
Geoff