[LAU] Using linux-rt with Ati Mobility X700

Matthias Schönborn mbs1303 at gmx.de
Sat Dec 13 11:59:59 EST 2008

I hadn't got the time to do some music on my ubuntu machine the last few
months, but yesterday I wanted to boot the rt-kernel on my machine. To
my surprise, I only got a resolution of 800x600. I used to have the
proprietary driver from ati.com installed; Though this one doesn't work
on the Linux-rt kernel (no 3D acceleration), I used to get the desired
resolution of 1400x1050. To regain this resolution, I tried several
xorf.conf files, using "ati", "fglrx" and "vesa" as driver, but none
worked. (In the process of doing so, I somehow even managed to screw up
my Internet configuration on the main kernel (d'oh), so I'm actually
writing this on 800x600... ) So my question is: Is there actually
someone on this list, who is able to boot Linux-rt on his ubuntu
machine, using an ati x700 mobility? I'd really appreciate any
suggestions, more so working xorg.conf files and verified driver
numbers.

Greetings from Euskirchen
Matthias