[LAU] fglrx + linux-rt + Ubuntu = possible!

Emiliano Grilli emillo at libero.it
Sun Dec 14 13:03:53 EST 2008

Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> writes:

> Matthias Schönborn wrote:
>> I did it! Finally I'm able to boot linux-rt with working (but
>> proprietary) fglrx drivers. I used kernel versions 2.6.27-7 and
>> 2.6.27-3-rt from the repos. [snip]
>
> For the record, I'm using the 2.6.27-3-rt kernel (Molnar patch) with
> Ubuntu 8.10, it's been pretty stable for the light-weight work I've done
> so far. I installed that kernel via Synaptic, but I had to rebuild the
> proprietary nVidia kernel module (the latest version). No problems yet. :)

Hi Dave!

I tried the same kernel but I'm getting very poor MIDI performance
(only external MIDI, provided by a behringer umx61 usb keyboard).

Jack audio seems fine but playing zynaddsubfx gives horrible latency
(not present using zyn's own virtual keyboard)

Did you try that kernel with an external device?

> Best,
>
> dp

Cheers

--