[LAU] midi note controllers

andy baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Sun Dec 14 15:24:20 EST 2008

hello,

I've been looking at the midi 1.0 specifications and it looks as if in
midi you only have 3 controllers which apply specifically to a given
note rather than a whole channel. I.e. volume, note number and
aftertouch. All the other controllers seem to apply to all the notes
played in a given channel rather than just a single note.

Is this the case, or have later revisions of the midi spec provided ways
of getting round this? I can't find a later midi spec on the web so
assume there isn't a way round it.

andy