[LAU] optimal disk performance, ubuntu

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Dec 15 05:37:25 EST 2008

On Sun, 2008-12-14 at 17:17 -0500, Mike Mazarick wrote:

> If anyone else has been down this road and knows of how to solve the
> underlying issues (sata hard disk interrupts taking up too much PCI
> bandwidth), I am still searching for an answer and I’m VERY interested
> in hearing something from you.

i didn't write the original version of this, but you might find it
useful. use it as normal system startup script (how to do this varies
depending on your distro, but probably involves /etc/rc.d/init.d)

#!/bin/sh

case $1 in
	start)
		setpci -v -s "*:*.*" latency_timer=b0
		# Update this one with the device you want to optimize
		setpci -v -s 04:01.0 latency_timer=ff
esac

exit 0