[LAU] Bug: kernel or ardour related?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 11:39:09 EST 2008

Matthias,
   Not sure if you meant to send this to only me or whether I got
dropped on the LAU reply. anyway, responding with a copy back to the
list.

   I've used the rt-kernel with the OS ATI driver for a long time.
Works fine for me. I run 1280x1024 with my ATI  RV300. (Radeon X300
PCIE) I'm not restricted to 800x600.

- Mark

lightning ~ # uname -a
Linux lightning 2.6.24-rt1 #1 PREEMPT RT Tue Feb 5 07:03:44 PST 2008
x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

lightning ~ # lsmod | grep radeon
radeon                118944  2
drm                    85720  3 radeon

lightning ~ # xrandr
Screen 0: minimum 400 x 300, current 1280 x 1024, maximum 1280 x 1024
default connected 1280x1024+0+0 0mm x 0mm
   1280x1024      75.0*    60.0
   1024x768       75.0     70.0     60.0
   800x600        75.0     72.0     60.0     56.0
   640x480        75.0     73.0     60.0
   1280x960       60.0
   1152x864       75.0
   1152x768       55.0