[LAU] notation - slash notation

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 12:12:58 EST 2008

hi everyone!

I've got to crank out a few lead sheets in the next week for a gig
coming up, and I thought it would be fun to use a notation program
instead of doing it all by hand.  I have two requirements:

1. I'd like to define my own chord names in the chord symbols,
2. I really really would like to use slash notation (also called
rhythm notation?).

do any of the current offerings do this?  I've scoped out abc, but no
mention of slash notation anywhere.  I'm sure lilypond can do it, but
the overwhelming complexity of that program scares me.  any other
suggestions?

thanks,

Josh

--