[LAU] A little outside my comfort zone.

garry.ogle at tiscali.co.uk garry.ogle at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Dec 17 18:42:13 EST 2008

Folderol wrote:
> After much prodding from {ahem} friends, I've finally recorded my own
> voice on a song of mine. I originally composed it for a competition in
> September, bottled it and got someone else to sing. He did a good job
> and came up with some original ideas, but it still wasn't quite 'my'
> song, so I persevered and here is the result.
>
> http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Where_Have_The_Rainbows_Gone.ogg
> or
> http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Where_Have_The_Rainbows_Gone.mp3

I'd like to add my Yes vote!

Monday morning, I was sitting at home, aching from the 'flu,
desperately in need of a distraction from my discomforts.
What's this? Will's done a song: Where Have The Rainbows Gone!
I know how that feels! lets listen ...

oh my.
great song and real nice vocal.
I like the close-up, intimate feel.
But i guess what everybody liked - it made it for me - is the total
honesty and sincerity of your performance.
This is worth 1000 Pavarottis (or whoever) going through the motions.
The guys are right, you should do more.

And get Loki to do double bass.
Two heads are better than one.
And getting outside your comfort zone is not necessarily a bad thing, no?

all the best,

yours, sniffingly, Gaz.