[LAU] Problem to compile xjadeo

Cedric Roux sed at free.fr
Mon Dec 22 10:08:12 EST 2008

Quoting Lilli Chiffon <lilli.chiffon at free.fr>:

> xjadeo.c:36:28: error: ffmpeg/avcodec.h: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de
> ce type
> xjadeo.c:37:29: error: ffmpeg/avformat.h: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de
> ce type
>
> But i've got this file in /usr/include/ffmpeg/libavformat and
> /usr/include/ffmpeg/libavcodec
>
> Do you any idea of what's wrong ? I really need this small utilitie.
>
> Thanks, best regards
>
> P'tit Louis

Solution one (not very good):
Move the files from /usr/include/ffmpeg/libavformat to /usr/include/ffmpeg
Same for libavcodec.

Solution two (better IMO):
Since you have the sources, edit xjadeo.c and replace the line
#include <ffmpeg/avcodec.h>
with:
#include <ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec.h>
(same for the other includes that don't work).
It still may fail to work, depending on how the .h files from ffmpeg (and
the files of xjadeo) do their include.

Solution three: throw away debian, make your own distribution (time to

Hope it helps,
Cedric.