[LAU] OT What newer CDR/RW drives should I consider? opps I

David Forsyth steampipe at iwr.ru.ac.za
Wed Feb 6 14:17:15 EST 2008

linux-audio-user-request at lists.linuxaudio.org wrote:
>    2. Re: OT What newer CDR/RW drives should I consider? opps I
>       forgot a few things... (Matthias Sch?nborn)
>    3. Re: Fwd: Re: OT What newer CDR/RW drives should I consider?
>       opps I forgot a few things... (Allan Wind)
> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 17:43:23 -0500
> From: Allan Wind
>
> On 2008-02-05T17:16:25-0500, ka1iic at prexar.com wrote:
>> I'm replacing an old Matshita CW-7585 ATAPI IDE internal drive and wish a
>> newer drive to be a 'plugin' replacement...  It's a junk parts system with an
>> old INTEL 1.7GHZ mother board and I use it for single copies of original
>> music...  and little more...
>
> The last (DVD RW) drive that I got was from Lite-On based on reviews,
> and end-user feedback.  It has worked just fine.

I got a LiteOn DVD-RW last week.  20x write on DVD's, 48x write on CD's,
SATA2 interface.  BIOS found it, FC5 found it, works just fine so far
though I haven't tried writing anything yet.

--
David                       http://iwr.ru.ac.za/~iwdf/
If you receive email saying "Send this to everyone you know",