[LAU] Live Performance Distro Guide

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Fri Feb 8 11:56:02 EST 2008

I rely on 64 Studio which is available in 64bit or 32bit, depends on
your CPU. It gives me the lowest latency and I checked out several
distros. PD might give you some trouble in 64bit mode, at least it was
with the widespread 0.39 versions and I see still some bugs in 0.40.

There is a huge rewriting at Cycling 74 to modernize Max/MSP and maybe
someday it is available for Linux too. But I prefer Open Source anyway.
Forget jMax, its old and unsupported.

Cheers,

Malte
--
Malte Steiner
media art + development

next event:
29.feb Notstandskomitee live at Linux Audio Conference Cologne, Germany