[LAU] Great article on the music business

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Sun Feb 10 12:05:08 EST 2008

> 3. All of this still seems to rest on the supposition that full copyright /
> all rights reserved plans will be the only game in town. I am personally
> interested in the Free and Copyleft music models for income producing for
> artists.

This is a great article.

I would like to find out more about these models. Copyright registration,
administration and getting income from ASCAP and such may cost more than it
is worth in many forums. A mega-hit (big label, big name, big budget, lewd
pictures, etc.) may profit in this schema. The rest of us?

Want to be really idealistic and honest? Music is a gift from G-d. His is the
true copyright. So for those who do believe and stand on that belief,
alternative models may just be in order. Tell me more.