[LAU] jack and flash

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 19:22:20 EST 2008

On Feb 11, 2008 7:16 PM, Lee Revell <rlrevell at joe-job.com> wrote:
> On Feb 10, 2008 8:20 PM, Brett McCoy <idragosani at gmail.com> wrote:
> > You can run Flash in 64-bit browsers using the nspluginwrapper. I use it
> > mostly without issues on Fedora 7 x86_64
> >
> > http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/linux-amd64.html
>
> This really works reliably for you?  What version of nspluginwrapper
> and firefox?
>
> It CONSTANTLY crashes on my Ubuntu 7.10 system:

Well... I don't use it on my audio system, since it's only 32-bits,
but I use it on my work laptop under Fedora 7. Don't remember the
version. The main issue I've had with it is that some sites that have
flash display a blank box. But that's fairly uncommon.

The other hack, of course, is to edit the shell script that starts up
firefox and edit it such that it always runs the 32-bit version :-P

-- Brett