[LAU] Automatic sampling from MIDI sequencer

Simon Williams simon at systemparadox.co.uk
Thu Feb 14 12:04:26 EST 2008

Hello.

I have a number of keyboards and a dedicated MIDI sequencer box which I
would like to sample sounds from and make into soundfonts. I want to
sample ALL of the notes because I'm fed up with all these half-baked
soundfonts which sound awful on notes which haven't been sampled. All
the devices are MIDI capable so instead of me manually hitting all the
keys, which will take ages, is there a program which will let me connect
up the midi out on my laptop to midi in on the device, and the audio out
on the device to the audio in on my laptop and then automatically get
all the samples (or better yet make the whole soundfont) for me?

Thanks in advance.
Simon