[LAU] rme fireface 400 on debian?

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Thu Feb 14 12:02:39 EST 2008

> The other is poor internal shielding.  Typically a problem with built in
>  Considering however these days the standard seems to be to
> have a breakout box anyways connected either via Firewire, USB, or
> PCMCIA/Expresscard, it is kind of a moot point with the higher end stuff
> nowadays anyways.

Firewire, USB etc doesn't make a difference as long they are
electrically connected to the computer. Its indeed a shielding problem
and I can hear that typical laptop hum over a RME Multiface connected to
a RME PCMCIA card, both I wouldnt consider consumer grade audio hardware.

Cheers,

Malte
--
Malte Steiner
media art + development

next event:
29.feb Notstandskomitee live at Linux Audio Conference Cologne, Germany