[LAU] RME Multiface II

Marc-Olivier Barre marco at marcochapeau.org
Thu Feb 14 13:17:53 EST 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 6:16 PM, Christian Schumann
<schumann at physik.uni-kl.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 04:33:56PM +0000, Steve Fosdick wrote:
>  > I must admin I do not know the correspondance between ALSA versions and the kernel versions they get bundled with but I recently had an issue with kernel version 2.6.24.  hdspmixer showned signal on the output but the actual output was silent.  Rolling back to kernel version 2.6.23.12 fixed the problem.  All kernel versions I have tried prior to 2.6.24 have worked flawlessly with it.
>  To my knowledge 2.6.24 was first kernel where the bug in question was
>  part of ALSA, 2.6.23 works nicely.
>  If you want to run 2.6.24 I'd suggest to get the latest ALSA and compile
>  the driver from the new sources.

Kernel 2.6.24 uses ALSA 1.0.15, which makes multiface II unable to use
it's physical outputs.Updating to ALSA 1.0.16 should fix the issue
(according to ALSA's Changelog)

http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Changes_v1.0.15_v1.0.16#RME_HDSP_driver