[LAU] Linux guitar amplifier simulator

Oscar spacepluk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 16:27:15 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 4:48 PM, Dmitry Baikov <dsbaikov at gmail.com> wrote:

> The point aboubt "much better sound" is highly arguable,
> and POD will work with any operating system or even without computer at
> all.
>
> IMHO, if you choose to pay for the sound, it's better to pay for a
> hardware device.
>

> Regards,
> Dmitry.
>
> P.S. My choice of guitar sound device (portable and suitable for a
> small room) is PODxt.

Hi Dimitry,
That was just my own opinion. I've owned PODs, PODxts, Vamps, and line6
amplifiers. They all have pros and cons, and sound very good for the price.

So, I'm not saying that GR is better, I just find GR to have a better sound
to my ears, and I also feel it more "real" while playing if that makes
sense. Of course, if you need something to gig any hardware solution is more
convenient and reliable, but (again IMHO) I don't think any hardware
solution in that price range gets even close to GR's sound quality.

Anyway, everyone has different needs (and ears) and if Christian was happy
with GuitarPort maybe all the options we're discussing are overkill for him
:P

Saludosss

--
Oscar Morante
GPG: CA7417FF

"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is."
- Isaac Asimov.