[LAU] Pardus user Pops and clicks problem

James Stone jamesmstone at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 16:27:12 EST 2008

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 09:33:46PM +0200, Arda Eden wrote:
>    Hi there,
>    I'm new to Linux Audio Users mailing list.
>    I'm a Pardus (a Turkish distro) user and i'm trying to get rid of
>    Cubase Protools etc.
>    For a long time i downloaded and setup most of the audio packages and
>    i'm using them for a while.
>    My audio Card is an M-Audio 24/96 and it works fine. There's no latency
>    etc. But i hear too much Pops and clicks when using soft synths.
>    Especially when doing something else like dragging windows or other
>    things. This problem is same for Ardour. Any action i do,(like dragging
>    something, moving mouse) affects the sound processing.
>    Too much Pops and clicks. I set my buffer to 512 samples and my
>    hardware is strong enough.
>    Any ideas ? Or previous threads about this ?
>    --

I guess you are not getting xruns under jack when these pops
occur?

I think you need to tweak your IRQ settings.. make sure your card
is on a separate IRQ and then look here about increasing the IRQ
priority:

http://tapas.affenbande.org/wordpress/?page_id=40

I am not sure about your distro but you may also be affected by
"nptl hell", in which case I would suggest changing distro:

http://tapas.affenbande.org/wordpress/?page_id=18

James