[LAU] [ANN] Qtractor 0.1.1 (futile duchess) released!

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Sat Feb 16 17:31:57 EST 2008

James Stone wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 02:56:18PM +0000, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>> Hi LAUs,
>>
>> After some time in quarantine, meaning that it just passed almost 40
>> days since its last public appearance, the frivolous debutante has
>> matured a bit but not that much. Truth is, it is not quite healed and in
>> fact, it is getting seriously bloated ;)
>>
>>   Qtractor 0.1.1 (futile duchess) has been released!
>
> Great work! I am really looking forward to the time when vsti and
> dssi instruments will be implemented!

yep, dssi and vsti support (either native linux or windows through
dssi-vst) will come soon. i am working on it and still have some
low-level design decisions to make, specially regarding a seamless
integration of midi driven plug-ins. you know, with vst there's also the
possibility of midi plug-in effects ...

> Regarding the vst compiling, could you not use the free and open
> source headers from Javier Serrano Polo used by dssi-vst and
> lmms?

this has been already asked and answered elsewhere... here:
  http://www.rncbc.org/drupal/node/66#comment-1649

bottom line seems to be that the vst-sdk support that are now being
required for qtractor is for _native_ linux vst plug-ins and not for
win32 dlls linked trough wine as is what dssi-vst does

otoh, qtractor does have now this dssi interface, so you can have
windows vst support by proxy though dssi-vst and thus wine too. got that?

cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org