[LAU] hard rock/prog metal

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 18:57:53 EST 2008

On Feb 17, 2008 6:50 PM, R Dicaire <kritek at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone on the list recording hard rock/prog metal in linux?
> Love to hear what tools were used, and tunes if available, thanks.

Yep! I am recording a metal album almost entirely with Linux, using
Ardour (and Rosegarden for some MIDI stuff). I am using Windows for a
couple of things, mainly for some plugins that I haven't been able to
get to work under Linux yet (IK Multimedia stuff mostly). One of these
days I will try to make the jump back into getting VST working under
Linux. It was a bit iffy last time I tried it.

http://www.alhazred.com (the music samples I have are entirely Linux-made)

-- Brett