[LAU] another scripting question

Sebastian Tschöpel tschoseb at tu-cottbus.de
Mon Feb 18 12:14:17 EST 2008

Hi Dave,

the command would be:

ps -A | grep jackd

If the output is null, there's no jackd process running. Else, there is
some information-output about a jackd process

24131 ?        00:00:00 jackd

Assign the command to a variable and use an if-statement with something
like...

if $myvariable="" ...

that should do the job....

--
Best regards,
Sebastian.

Web: linuxaudioblog.sternenhejim.de

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 11:54 -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'd like to add some conditional tests to my simple scripts. For
> example, I want to query the system to determine whether JACK is
already
> running. If it is, I'll run an app (e.g. xine or AlsaPlayer)
configured