[LAU] Music made with Linux: Hitmuri "Des Leurres"

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Mon Feb 18 15:19:54 EST 2008

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 07:27:17AM +0100, Florent Berthaut wrote:
> frank a écrit :
> > Florent Berthaut wrote:
> >> Hi everyone,
> >>
> >> i've just released a new album entirely made with linux ( Tapeutape +
> >> Jack-Rack + Freewheeling + Ardour).
> >>
> >> It's available for listen and download from my website
> >> http://www.hitmuri.com or directly from this page :
> >> http://www.dogmazic.net/static.php?op=musiqueIndex.php&album=2525+-+Des+Leurres
> >> <http://www.dogmazic.net/static.php?op=musiqueIndex.php&album=2525+-+Des+Leurres>
> >>

> >> Any comments are welcome !!!!
> >>
> >> Florent
> >>

> > Très bien Florent!
> > Tremendous energy in L'ouest and complexity in Hâte.  My feet hurt
> > from tapping along at that pace!
> >
> > Frank
> >

> Thanks and Sorry for your feet !!
> Now what about the "new" album ?  ;)

Great stuff!

I'm about 4 tracks into it so far and I love it.

Sounds to me much more spacious and dynamic--  less is more.  The drumming and the rhythmic inventiveness really stands out with this sparser production. I like the melodies and pads too.

This one is going in my portable player for sure.

-ken