[LAU] hard rock/prog metal

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Tue Feb 19 03:10:35 EST 2008

On 17 February 2008 at 18:57, "Brett McCoy" <idragosani at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yep! I am recording a metal album almost entirely with Linux, using
> Ardour (and Rosegarden for some MIDI stuff). I am using Windows for a
> couple of things, mainly for some plugins that I haven't been able to
> get to work under Linux yet (IK Multimedia stuff mostly). One of these
> days I will try to make the jump back into getting VST working under
> Linux. It was a bit iffy last time I tried it.
>
> http://www.alhazred.com (the music samples I have are entirely Linux-made)

Cool.  I like the chords & intervals used in "Through the Gates".  It
seems that you enjoy non-Western influences.  Combine that with your
heavy side, and you really need to sample some of Kevin Ferguson's
"Exotic Extremes" CD (samples are up on CD Baby).  I didn't play on
that CD.  But, I've gigged a bunch of it with (the other) Kevin.

Cheers....

--
Kevin