[LAU] [ANN] Sonic Visualiser v1.2 now available

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Wed Feb 20 13:52:29 EST 2008

On Wednesday 20 February 2008 18:21, Chris Cannam wrote:
> Version 1.2 of Sonic Visualiser, an application for viewing and
> analysing the contents of music audio files, is now available.
>
>   http://www.sonicvisualiser.org/
>
> This is a significant feature release, containing a number of new
> features over the previous release including a handy audio alignment
> capability. For more details, please read the release notes at
>
>   https://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=578145
>
> Sonic Visualiser contains advanced waveform and spectrogram viewers,
> as well as editors for many sorts of audio annotations. Besides
> visualisation, it can make and play selections based on the locations
> of automatically detected features, seamlessly loop playback of single
> or multiple noncontiguous regions, synthesise annotations for
> playback, and slow down playback while retaining display
> synchronisation.
>
> Sonic Visualiser supports the Vamp plugin API for plugins that extract
> descriptive or analytical data from audio.  Vamp plugins for onset,
> pitch and note detection and tempo tracking using the Aubio library
> are available, as well as further plugins for tempo tracking,
> chromagram analysis, constant-Q spectrogram, spectral centroid, power
> curve, key estimation, tonal change detection, harmonic spectrogram,
> structural segmentation, timbral similarity, audio alignment
> calculation and a large number of low-level spectral features.  There
> is also a comprehensive SDK for use by developers of Vamp plugins and
> hosts.  For more information about Vamp plugins, please see:
>
>   http://www.vamp-plugins.org/
>
> Sonic Visualiser is Free Software distributed under the GNU General
> Public License. The 1.2 release is available now in source code form
> or as binaries for Linux, OS/X, and Windows.
>

> Chris

Hi Chris. Thanks for the latest version of Sonic Visualiser. The only
complaint I have, is that it's on Sourceforge servers. I'm on dialup, and
have had to resume the download at least 12 times to get the package.
Sourceforge isn't the only repo that creates problems for dialup users, as I
constantly have the same problems with freshrpms and larger packages, VLC,
and Mplayer as examples.

I'll have a nag at sourceforge, and freshrpm's to get their act together, and
have a bit of consideration for dialup users.

Thanks again for the upgraded app.

Nigel.