[LAU] tool to seperate elements of a song

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Thu Feb 21 09:31:23 EST 2008

On Thursday 21 February 2008 18:27:58 schoappied wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a linux tool which can analyze a song? I want to listen only
> the voice, drums or guitarpart....

Probably not possible, but Eleveyta has a vst plugin. Designed for voice
elimination and such but has a two dimensional GUI. One can "see" what is
playing at any time, select this "region" and either try to extract or mute
it. I have not tried it.

His plugins are very original. His clone-boy enabled me to use a spare vocal
track to "vocode" choirs so well that I can put them up front in a mix. So
give it a try, let me know how it works out.

Cloneensemble has a vocal extraction/elimination plugin (DX and VST) that
offers a "capestral" algorithm. Such is suited for voice recognition and
such--I read the papers he sited but cannot claim to understand them fully.
Designed for voice in the center so not as likely to do your job as the
Eleveyta plugin.