[LAU] Dell D620 Fedora 5 No Audio?

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 10:12:20 EST 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 10:01 AM,  <BRIAN.M.CARTY at nuim.ie> wrote:

> I am having a problem getting audio out of my Dell D620 using Fedora 5.
> Onboard sound (SigmaTel Audio)does not appear to send anything to
> thespeakers or headphone output when playing a cd, playing a wav file,
> orrendering audio with Csound.

I'd upgrade to Fedora 6 or 7 -- I have a Dell 620 and audio works just
fine with those versions.

Or better yet, install fc6 or f7 and install Planet CCRMA over top. My
main studio machine uses f7 + CCRMA and it's very painless to setup
audio. I recently switched from Delta 1010 to RME Multiface and didn't
have to do a damn thing driver-wise (The Windows partition of the same
machine didn't fare so well)

Just to make sure, did you open up alsamixer to make sure the levels were set?

-- Brett