[LAU] Yet another jack question

M-.-n nostromo at arkaos.net
Thu Feb 21 12:49:48 EST 2008

After successfully implementing the audio connection of my tracker with
jack, I'm not trying to have the midi part running. It seems fairely easy
from what I got however I'm facing a connection problem to be able to test
it properly:

In qjackctl, the midi connection I create appears correctly in the midi tab.
However, all synth I've tried (amSynth/rtsynth) create their midi input from
alsa and the connection appears in the alsa tab without any apparent way of
connecting my output to their input. Is that normal ? Is there really two
'categories' or midi connection and does that mean I should use alsa driver
instead ? I was kind of liking the apparent audio/midi syncronisation jack
was providing...

If anyone knows of a synth that uses jack for midi, it'd be nice too

Thanks
Marc