[LAU] [ANN] Minicomputer 1.0 softwaresynthesizer released

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Fri Feb 22 04:34:41 EST 2008

Am Donnerstag, 21. Februar 2008 schrieb Malte Steiner:
>  >because the text is barely readable. The typeface is too small
> does it on your computer looked different as the screenshot?
> http://minicomputer.sourceforge.net/guiFullscreen.gif

Well, the font-size is definitely to small! While I understand that you want
to fit as many controls on screen as you can, why can't you use a floating
layout where elements are ordered with respect to their and their neighbors
size? That would allow variable font-sizes.

And maybe use a good looking toolkit. Gui's like that are the reason that many
people say that linux is old and don't want to switch. Take a look at KDE4:
Linux is actually sexy. Now compare that to your screenshot...

You might also want to switch to a toolkit that supports font-anti-aliasing.
(Which is not a new technology, but has been around in Linux for almost ten
years.)

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/