[LAU] [ANN] Minicomputer 1.0 softwaresynthesizer released

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Tue Feb 26 02:41:33 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 06:10:23PM +0100, Malte Steiner wrote:

> I was waiting for that one. No, the choice of toolkit and design is
> intentional. If the format is to small or the contrast to low, which
> might due to differences of my LCDs and the others, than its considered
> as a bug to be fixed. But I actually hate the 'new' Mac OSX look and
> antialising hurt my eyes. I worked some years with Macs before
> completely switched over to Linux and the always blurred Aqua look is a
> pain in my opinion.

While I agree with previous posters that the font used is
a bit on the small side, it remains perfectly readable even
on my 15" laptop which has 1400 H pixels. Which is better
than e.g. earlier versions of Ardour.

The GUI could use a little more of the soft colors used
for some of the knobs, but I prefer it by a large margin
to any 'sexy' KDE / Qt style contraption I've ever seen.

But I've another problem:

fons at zita2:~/build/MinicomputerV1.0> minicomputer
jack_client_thread zombified - exiting from JACK

The ports are still visible in qjackctl but can't
be connected.

Jack 0.109.2

--
FA