[LAU] [ANN] Minicomputer 1.0 softwaresynthesizer released

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Tue Feb 26 11:29:33 EST 2008

On Tuesday 26 February 2008 08:41, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 06:10:23PM +0100, Malte Steiner wrote:
> > I was waiting for that one. No, the choice of toolkit and design is
> > intentional. If the format is to small or the contrast to low, which
> > might due to differences of my LCDs and the others, than its considered
> > as a bug to be fixed. But I actually hate the 'new' Mac OSX look and
> > antialising hurt my eyes. I worked some years with Macs before
> > completely switched over to Linux and the always blurred Aqua look is a
> > pain in my opinion.
>
> While I agree with previous posters that the font used is
> a bit on the small side, it remains perfectly readable even
> on my 15" laptop which has 1400 H pixels. Which is better
> than e.g. earlier versions of Ardour.
>
> The GUI could use a little more of the soft colors used
> for some of the knobs, but I prefer it by a large margin
> to any 'sexy' KDE / Qt style contraption I've ever seen.
>
> But I've another problem:
>
> fons at zita2:~/build/MinicomputerV1.0> minicomputer
> jack_client_thread zombified - exiting from JACK
>
> The ports are still visible in qjackctl but can't
> be connected.
>
> Jack 0.109.2

I too see this on an install of minicomputer on my Archlinux distro. On
Qjackctl I can make the connection from my usb midi keyboard ok, but the
audio connection is not possible, no doubt due to the zombified jack.

No such problem with the install I've done on Debian Etch, and minicomputer
plays fine, apart from finding out how to get sounds out of it, now resolved.

Nigel.