[LAU] command line jack recorder

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Fri Feb 29 18:50:03 EST 2008

Hi!
  Copy ecasound. Here a bit more useable usage:
ecasound -c -i jack_alsa -o foo.wav
  You can exchange input and output here for playback. "jack_alsa" will use
the first inputs it finds (system:capture_1, system:capture_2,...), same goes
for playback.
  If you need more control:
ecasound -c -i jack -o foo.wav
  Again launches ecasound interactively. BEWARE: First command to type in:
ecasound ('h' for help)> engine-launch
  Now jack_lsp (or your favourite tool to see/connect ports will list:
ecasound:in_1
ecasound:in_2
  and now they are connectable. If you omit the "engine-launch", ports maybe
shown, but you can't connect them.
  For recording from other apps (i.e. ZynAddSubFX) try something like:
ecasound -c -i jack_auto,ZynAddSubFX -o foo.wav
  will automagically connect to ZynAddSubFX's ports.
  HTH.
  Kindest regards
         Julien

--------